Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Board Operator - 97.1 FM TALKPosted by: KFTK - Emmis Communications
Posted date: 2013-Feb-13
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Emmis Communications - St. Louis
Part Time Board Operator
971 FM Talk
Great media. Great people. Great service.
971 FM TALK, KFTK is part of Emmis Communications, the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
The qualified candidate will perform activities in the radio studio, remote sites and control room to ensure a high quality technical sound for programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Creates and ensures flow of high quality production and content of on-air broadcasts.
· Operates control board for studio and remote programming.
· Regulates timing of programs, operates syndicated programming and plays commercials.
· Off-air support of commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
· Performs on-air announcements or shifts as assigned.
· Assists with remote appearances.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Experience operating audio console board, digital automation equipment
and remote broadcasting equipment.
· Must be able to works evenings, weekends and some overnight hours.
· Strong organizational and time management skills required.
· Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance required.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to submit your resume and application online at www.emmis.com by visiting the Careers Tab or by mail to
401 South 18th Street
St. Louis, MO. 63103
Attn: KFTK Board Op Position
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER