Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Alfred Fleishman Diversity FellowshipPosted by: Fleishman-Hillard, In.c
Posted date: 2013-Feb-15
Location: St. Louis City, MO
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowships:
As part of our commitment to cultivating a diverse workforce, we are offering six- to 12-month fellowships, with benefits, to emerging communications professionals from ethnically diverse backgrounds. The fellowships include a paid position in one of our U.S. offices, professional development training and a mentor program. As a fellow, you will rotate among our account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors. By working on client projects, you will learn valuable communications tactics, general business strategy and industry issues. We are currently accepting and reviewing applications for 2013 fellowship opportunities in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Raleigh, Sacramento, San Francisco, St. Louis, Toronto, and Washington, D.C., with additional offices adding fellowships in the future.
What You Will Do:
During the fellowship, individuals will be expected, among other responsibilities, to:
· Write, edit and proofread materials in AP style, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, blog posts, website content and client correspondence.
· Help pitch story ideas to relevant media and participate in brainstorm sessions.
· Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation.
· Monitor, research, compile and analyze client media coverage in both online and offline channels.
We are looking for college seniors, recent college graduates and graduate students from ethnically diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have a career interest in public relations and communications, proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills, proficiency in social media communications and a track record of academic achievement. Previous internship experience in the public relations or communications field is preferred.
Criteria to Apply:
Candidates must be pursuing or already hold an undergraduate or graduate degree. Strong interest in communications with exceptional writing skills is strongly preferred. At the time of application, candidates may be no more than one year removed from receipt of their undergraduate or graduate degree. Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Your Application Submission Must Include:
· Completed application form
· Resume and cover letter
· Two letters of recommendation from current or previous employers or educators
· Two writing samples — news releases, school papers or other relevant writing samples; please limit to two pages each
Applications and supporting materials should be submitted via the “Careers” section of the Fleishman-Hillard website (www.fleishmanhillard.com/careers) by selecting “Diversity” and following the links for the “Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowships”.
Interviewing and Judging Criteria:
After applications have been reviewed, selected applicants will be invited to interview. Applicants will be judged using the following criteria:
· Interest in and general knowledge of public relations and communications
· Academic achievements
· Demonstrated leadership
· Practical experience (e.g., internships, other work/service)
· Writing skills, as demonstrated throughout the application process including a writing test
· Letters of recommendation
We are currently accepting and reviewing applications for 2013 fellowship opportunities in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami*, New York, Raleigh, Sacramento, San Francisco, St. Louis, Toronto, and Washington, D.C. The application deadline is March 15, 2013. The 2013 fellowships will begin in May/June 2013.
* Proficiency in Spanish is preferred but not required for candidates applying to the Miami office.
All questions regarding the fellowship should be sent to DiversityFellowshipfleishman.com. Please do not contact the offices directly.