Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Development Coordinator - AmeriCorps VISTAPosted by: The Mission Continues
Posted date: 2013-Feb-15
Location: St. Louis City, MO
AmeriCorps VISTA Development Coordinator
The Mission Continues
City: St. Louis
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Mission Continues is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to challenge veterans to serve and inspire in communities across America. Through the organization’s leadership and service Fellowship Program, post-9/11 veterans complete six-month service and leadership fellowships at local nonprofit organizations. Our Fellows have worked to address issues ranging from mentoring at-risk youth to wildlife conservation and from disaster preparedness to homelessness.
Since our founding, The Mission Continues has awarded more than 500 fellowships in 40 states and the District of Columbia and has worked with more than 350 nonprofit organizations across the country. Through program, veterans not only improve their communities, but they also help to change perceptions by acting as living examples of the leadership value veterans bring to the community. We believe that veterans are among our country’s greatest assets and through service, both in the military and at home, they have the power to inspire our nation.
As the organization grows, The Mission Continues is looking to add team members who can help the organization achieve the scale necessary to reshape the way the nation welcomes home veterans. The organization is fully dedicated to the personal and professional development of every member of the team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Thanks to the American Legion Auxiliary’s Call to Service Consortium, The Mission Continues is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA Development Coordinator to assist with day-to-day fundraising activities, as well as taking on special projects as assigned. The development team works with individuals, corporations, and foundations to seek funding through proposals, meetings, and special events. The AmeriCorps VISTA Development Coordinator will have responsibility for assisting with a variety of fundraising opportunities. This is a full-time position based in St. Louis and will report to the Development Director.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Assist with donation processing, including distributing donor thank you’s and tracking donations. Ensure that database is clean and organized and that paper files are properly organized.
· Assist with planning and organizing special fundraising events (particularly gala, seeking auction items, organizing items for meetings, etc)
· Assist with appeals, including organizing mailing lists and working with mail house.
· Write grant and funding proposals.
· Research potential funding sources, including corporations and foundations.
· Assist in stewarding donors.
Candidates should possess the following traits:
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and desire to take on new challenges.
· Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple activities.
· Detail-oriented with strong organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in teams.
· Ability to easily and quickly learn and utilize new technology well.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and general comfort with technology. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
· Commitment to our goal of empowering our veterans to rebuild their sense of purpose through service; experience with veterans and/or working with people with disabilities a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is not a paid position with The Mission Continues. AmeriCorps VISTA’s receive a living stipend from the Corporation for National and Community Service through the American Legion Auxiliary. A full listing of AmeriCorps VISTA member benefits can be found here:
To apply for this position, you must begin by first becoming an AmeriCorps member, https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do. Once you are an AmeriCorps member, find the Development Coordinator position under the listing search. All applications must be completed by Friday, March 1st, so highest priority will be given to applicants who submit their application by Friday, February 22nd. To learn more about becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA with The Mission Continues please visit http://missioncontinues.org/jobs-internships/americorps-vista.