Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Service Projects Coordinator - AmeriCorps VISTAPosted by: The Mission Continues
Posted date: 2013-Feb-15
Location: St. Louis City, MO
AmeriCorps VISTA Service Projects Coordinator,
The Mission Continues
City: St. Louis
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Mission Continues is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to challenge veterans to serve and inspire in communities across America. Through the organization’s leadership and service Fellowship Program, post-9/11 veterans complete six-month service and leadership fellowships at local nonprofit organizations. Our Fellows have worked to address issues ranging from mentoring at-risk youth to wildlife conservation and from disaster preparedness to homelessness.
Since our founding, The Mission Continues has awarded more than 500 fellowships in 40 states and the District of Columbia and has worked with more than 350 nonprofit organizations across the country. Through program, veterans not only improve their communities, but they also help to change perceptions by acting as living examples of the leadership value veterans bring to the community. We believe that veterans are among our country’s greatest assets and through service, both in the military and at home, they have the power to inspire our nation.
As the organization grows, The Mission Continues is looking to add team members who can help the organization achieve the scale necessary to reshape the way the nation welcomes home veterans. The organization is fully dedicated to the personal and professional development of every member of the team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Thanks to the American Legion Auxiliary’s Call to Service Corps, The Mission Continues is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA Service Projects Coordinator to expand our nation-wide Service Projects Program that brings together veterans, active duty military personnel, and civilians through community service. The AmeriCorps VISTA Service Projects Coordinator will organize and execute service projects across the country in coordination with volunteer leadership. This full-time position is based in St. Louis and will report to the Director of Service Projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Identify project leaders from within our network of high level volunteers.
· Support project leaders, Mission Continues Fellows and organizational partners with project directions, expectations and materials.
· Leverage our network of volunteers and Fellows to increase attendance at service projects.
· Recognize and steward Fellows, project leaders and manage volunteers.
· Manage administrative processes related to service projects.
· Research and continually develop, maintain, and update lists of key Mission Continues’ service project partners.
· Build relationships with the fellowship team and share knowledge to develop list of key project leaders.
· Identify and build relationships with key veteran volunteer sources.
· Identify and build relationships with key host sites.
· Identify and build relationships with key civilian volunteer sources.
· Report on progress; review and update strategy as need be.
· Understand the technology platform (Salesforce) of The Mission Continues and how it can be utilized
· Track project activities using Excel Spreadsheets and Salesforce database.
· Use project management tools on The Mission Continues website.
· Collect qualitative and quantitative data (photos, quotes, surveys) from each project to demonstrate community impact.
Candidates should possess the following traits:
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and desire to take on new challenges.
· Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple activities.
· Detail-oriented with strong organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in teams.
· Ability to easily and quickly learn and utilize new technology well.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and general comfort with technology. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
· Must have ability to travel throughout the country as needed.
· Commitment to our goal of empowering our veterans to rebuild their sense of purpose through service; experience with veterans and/or working with people with disabilities a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is not a paid position with The Mission Continues. AmeriCorps VISTA’s receive a living stipend from the Corporation for National and Community Service through the American Legion Auxiliary. A full listing of AmeriCorps VISTA member benefits can be found here:
To apply for this position, you must begin by first becoming an AmeriCorps member, https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do. Once you are an AmeriCorps member, find the Service Projects Coordinator position under the listing search. All applications must be completed by Friday, March 1st, so highest priority will be given to applicants who submit their application by Friday, February 22nd. To learn more about becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA with The Mission Continues please visit http://missioncontinues.org/jobs-internships/americorps-vista.