Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Camp Assistant - campF.R.E.S.H.Posted by: Fontbonne University HES Dept.
Posted date: 2013-Feb-18
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Purpose of Job: Under the direction of the Camp Director and the Camp Administrative Assistant, the camp assistant is responsible for supporting camp program and activities. In addition, attention to the safety and individual needs of each camper is required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Assist Camp Director with implementation of camp program and activities.
· Purchase necessary food and supplies for daily camp operation.
· Ensure the individual needs of campers are met with dignity and respect.
· Maintain positive relationships with diverse groups of people, including administration, staff, volunteers, campers and their families.
· Ensure Fontbonne University policies & procedures are followed at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Attend camp orientation and training.
· Communicate problems, issues or concerns with supervisor.
· Actively participate in all assigned required activities with enthusiasm.
· Attend and assist at all camp field trips and events.
· Demonstrate the ability to relate to children, their families, and camp staff.
· Assist in maintaining camp supplies, informing Camp Director of needs.
· Use positive verbal and non-verbal communication with children to build trusting and stable relationships.
· Responsible for insuring the safety of all campers throughout the camp.
· Maintain program equipment and check daily for safety.
· Monitor all spaces daily for health and safety concerns.
· Report all repairs, incidents, and accidents to the Camp Educator.
· Keep a neat and clean appearance in uniform daily.
Reports to: Camp Director
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
· 18 years or older
· Experience working with children preferred
· Strong communication, organization and time management skills
· Current certification in American Red Cross Adult/Child CPR/AED and First Aid or it’s equivalent required. If not currently certified, must pass certification within one week of employment
· Must demonstrate ability to follow directions, show leadership skills, be self-motivated.
· Current Hep A Vaccination.
· Negative TB test
· Must pass Department of Health and Human Services child abuse screening, criminal records check and Child Care Worker Registry.