Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Camp Aide - campF.R.E.S.H.Posted by: Fontbonne University HES Dept.
Posted date: 2013-Feb-18
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Purpose of Job: Under the direction of the Camp Director and the Camp Educator, the camp aide is responsible for support in assisting with the planning, implementing and supervision of camp activities. In addition, ensuring developmentally appropriate practices and attention to the safety and individual needs of each camper is required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Assist Camp Educator to plan, direct, supervise and implement camp program and activities.
· Ensure the individual needs of campers are met with dignity and respect.
· Maintain positive relationships with diverse groups of people, including administration, staff, volunteers, campers and their families.
· Ensure Fontbonne University policies & procedures are followed at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible to assist Camp Educator with a group of 10 children from the time parents sign them in until relieved by another camp aide or the parents sign them out.
· Attend camp orientation and training.
· Communicate problems, issues or concerns with supervisor.
· Actively participate in all activities with enthusiasm.
· Demonstrate the ability to relate to children, their families, and camp staff.
· Assist in maintaining camp supplies, informing Camp Educator of needs.
· Prepare needed materials and supplies for each day’s activities.
· Use positive verbal and non-verbal communication with children to build trusting and stable relationships.
· Responsible for insuring the safety of all campers throughout the camp.
· Maintain program equipment and check daily for safety.
· Monitor all spaces daily for health and safety concerns.
· Report all repairs, incidents, and accidents to the Camp Educator.
· Keep a neat and clean appearance in uniform daily.
· Responsible for quality customer service including greeting parents, directing parent questions and concerns to Camp Educators and staying abreast of camp program and activities.
Reports to: Camp Educator
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
· 18 years or older
· Experience working with children preferred
· Strong communication, organization and time management skills
· Current certification in American Red Cross Adult/Child CPR/AED and First Aid or it’s equivalent required. If not currently certified, must pass certification within one week of employment
· Must demonstrate ability to follow directions, show leadership skills, be self-motivated.
· Current Hep A Vaccination.
· Negative TB test
· Must pass Department of Health and Human Services child abuse screening, criminal records check and Child Care Worker Registry.