Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Entertainment Booking AgentPosted by: Contemporary Productions, LLC
Posted date: 2013-Mar-12
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Contemporary Productions, LLC, a special events and entertainment company is seeking a Booking Agent to assist in cultivating and growing its entertainment booking division. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, ambitious, well organized, and have the desire to learn to sell. A passion for live entertainment and the ability to make cold calls, and develop new relationships are a must. This is an entry-level position.Due to the nature of Contemporary’s business, it is common to work long hours and some weekends on occasion as a result of event planning, scouting, staffing, and the like.
- Create new performance opportunities for Contemporary’s Artist Roster
- Contracts, invoices, and calendar management of Contemporary’s Artist Roster
- Create and manage relationships with talent agents and clients
- Selling event services
- Proposal writing and budgets
- Attend networking events for business development
- Scout and research unique and creative entertainment ideas for existing and prospective clients
- One year of relevant experience is preferred
- Must be a MOTIVATED self-starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong people skills, ability to talk to almost anyone and network
- Ability to manage a fluid workload
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the entertainment industry, event, casino, fair, festivals, etc.
- Must have the ability to perform successfully under deadline and time sensitive situations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Experience with FileMaker, Photoshop, or other design software capabilities a major plus!)