Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
PART-TIME TEMPORARY CLERKPosted by: Thompson Coburn LLP
Posted date: 2013-Mar-20
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Thompson Coburn LLP currently has a non-exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a Part-Time Temporary Clerk. Current and former students and those in career training programs for secretarial studies are encouraged to apply. The person selected for this position must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work closely with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
· Generates and finalizes correspondence, memoranda, briefs, appeal forms and all other documentation associated with practice, including extensive document revisions. Prepares e-mails, faxes, photocopies and scan requests as needed.
· Tracks incoming client data, faxes, etc. and insures that outgoing mail and faxes are timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery. Contacts clients or other related parties directly as may be required within framework of departmental practice.
· Maintains calendar and departmental deadline reminder systems as well as firm docketing and master calendar system and reviews to ensure that tasks are timely completed.
· Works closely with administrative support staff (office services, receptionists, business office, etc.); insures that attorney, paralegal and practice area assistants’ timesheets are entered and released in a timely manner.
· Assists with meeting all departmental deadlines and works with all other departmental members as time permits facilitating smooth work flow particularly during heavier work periods (as well as any other administrative duties as time permits or as may be requested in other departments).
This position has the following requirement:
· Operates a computer, word processor, typewriter; transcribes Winscribe digital dictation (machine transcription and/or shorthand).
· Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
· Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
· Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
· Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
· Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
· The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
· remain in a stationary position the majority of the work day;
· be able to move about inside the office to access various items;
· must be able to elevate and transport items up to 25 pounds; constantly operate office machinery including but not limited to computers, computer mouse, hand held devices, and copy machines
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V