Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Social Media InternshipPosted by: Dovetail STL
Posted date: 2013-Apr-02
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Dovetail has a Social Media Intern position available in St. Louis, MO. This position will assist in promoting select clients through social media and additional online communication channels. This is a part-time, paid internship, with an estimated 15 hours per week (schedule is flexible but must be able to work from the office a minimum of 3 days each week). Internship will run from May to August 2013, with the option to extend into the fall upon review. Intern will work in our offices in the Central West End.
· Coordinate and create content for select clients’ social media pages and channels; assist in writing internal and external content.
· Monitor acitivity and engage on Facebook, Twitter and other online channels.
· Track, monitor, record and analyze social media activity.
· Perform and undertake other account-related and writing tasks as needed, such as writing marketing emails, internal and external reports, proposals, press releases, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; impeccable grammar and spelling are required.
· Strong understanding of social media and social networking.
· Interest in online communication, marketing and social media.
· Must be a team player, have a strong work ethic and show initiative; must be able to work productively with minimal supervision.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize them accordingly; attention to details is essential.
· Proficient with both Microsoft and Apple operating systems; familiarity with web content management systems desirable.
Education and Experience:
· Experience with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other forms of online communication (blogging, forums, etc).
· We prefer candidates who are enrolled in an undergraduate program, preferably pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field. Junior year level or higher desired.
· Ability to earn academic college credit for participation in an internship a plus.
Dovetail is a boutique marketing communication company providing branding and marketing programs for varied clients in all sectors.