Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Financial Representative (Insurane & Investments)Posted by: Westward Financial Strategies/Guardian & Park Avenue Securities
Posted date: 2013-Apr-02
Location: St. Louis City, MO
To be a Financial Representative is to be passionate about people and their financial betterment. Successful Financial Representatives at our firm have a drive to contribute rather than simply a drive to succeed. They cultivate relationships easily and thrive on them. You’ll need four key personality traits as a Financial Representative:
· The DRIVE to be an entrepreneur, to stay motivated, to contribute to your clients’ wealth and happiness
· The POISE to weather the ups and downs of owning your own business (it takes 3-5 years to build any business, including this one)
· A SOCIABILITY that transcends stereotypes, yet is targeted to a specific client that you define
· An AUTHENTICITY that shows itself in your own belief in, and ownership of, the products and services you are providing
· Provide sound financial recommendations to ensure financial security for clients, and possess the capability to move clients to take action and implement said recommendations.
· Act as an advocate for your clients; commitment to enhance, enrich and serve client base.
· Learn and implement existing client resource tools, and employ cutting edge financial strategies to grow and develop long lasting, value based client relationships.
· Professional Growth: Commitment to engage in a career long process of ongoing training and education to acquire above average skill and knowledge of all financial products and services where applicable to changing economic conditions and market shifts.
· Expand a business practice by use of effective prospecting and referral based strategies, as well as identifying and cultivating new client relationships within a targeted market niche.
· Learn best selling skills practices and/or willingness to improve/develop existing sales skills
Education and Experience:
· Entrepreneurial minded with a strong work ethic
· Desire to help others manage and achieve financial security
· Highest level of integrity, ethics & trustworthiness
· Above average communication skills including great presentation ability
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a focus in identifying problems and developing strategies
· Basic computer skills
· Affinity for education and professional development
· Goal oriented with a commitment to personal growth
· Willingness to obtain certain recognized industry professional designations as a commitment to professional development
· Have or will secure a FINRA Series 6, Series 63, and a State Life and Health License
Westward Financial Strategies is an agency of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. Securities products and services offered through Park Avenue Securities, LLC.