Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
GBSC Accountant-NAPosted by: MasterCard
Posted date: 2013-Apr-23
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Job Description: The Experienced Professional - Accounting will provide excellent accounting services to MasterCard Worldwide as part of Global Business Services Center (GBSC). The candidate will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services to our MasterCard Worldwide business unit(s) including the financial month-end close process.
Major Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Prepare and record monthly general ledger journal entries in accordance with U.S. GAAP supporting various business units, regions and/or corporate controller’s group
• Prepare reconciliations and account analysis
• Research and correct account discrepancies
• Perform detailed account analyses
• Participate in process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA, preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of accounting/finance position with previous exposure in a large, global environment preferred
• Broad understanding of basic accounting principles, concepts and logic
• Produce high-quality work with attention to deadline constraints
• Working knowledge of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle and MS office software
• Capable of working within a changing environment with an ability to organize and prioritize activities
• Above average attention to detail
• Excellent communication, relationship building and follow-up skills
PLease visit www.mastercard.com to appy for position.