Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Account ManagerPosted by: Hubbard Radio
Posted date: 2013-Apr-29
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for building, maintaining, and retaining corporate relationships with business entities which may prove profitable to the Company. Identify marketplace opportunities, prospect and engage new clients, develop proposals, and manage the contract process, while ensuring client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· College degree in communications, sales, media sales, marketing, related field or equivalent.
· Two (2) years in broadcast sales or equivalent. Experience requires a successful demonstration of the following:
· Pursue and develop leads to acquire new business accounts.
· Maintain existing accounts in prompt and efficient manner.
· Designs and delivers presentations to current and prospective clients highlighting the products and services of the Company.
· Negotiate contract terms with clients, and follow through with contract process.
· Assure rate integrity and obtain credit approval for all new accounts.
· Meet or exceed annual and monthly revenue goals.
· Responsible for all past-due account collections.
· Stay abreast of up-to-date competitive local and industry practices, rates, ratings.
· Assist with promotions, productions and other areas of coordination for the Sales Department. Producing immediate, realistic sales results;
· Enthusiastic, positive and creative perspective to business approaches and with a commitment to personal growth through continual training;
· Creating and maintaining excellent business/client relations with a large variety of clients;
· Ability to function well under pressure and willing to work irregular hours;
· A strong performance to achieve sales objectives;
· Familiarity with industry, negotiating practices, marketing principles;
· Ability to work with detailed work and research and proven ability to effective analyze matters and exercise good judgment;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks).
· Ability to conceptualize and implement product marketing strategies and a desire to share expertise to enhance the sales department’s efforts.
· Able to work compatible with management and other departments.
· Willing to sign an Account Manager Letter of Agreement.
· Goal-oriented and self motivated with proven ability of independently organizing (utilize a time management system), performing work and assuring follow-through.
· Proven ability to handle stress.
· High energy level and aggressive attitude toward sales;
· Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
· Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients.
· Work effectively in a team environment.
· Consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines or attend station remotes, etc, including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
· Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
· Excellent phone skills and a working knowledge of business procedures;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
· Prefer someone who has worked in radio and/or television broadcasting environment, related function or exposure to sales and dealing with clients.
· Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
· Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
· Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
· Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds consistently.
Hubbard Radio St. Louis
ATTN: Amanda Koeppe, Human Resource Director
11647 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our website. Questions can be directed to Human Resources (akoeppehubbardradio.com). We do not allow walk-in candidates or unsolicited resumes. No phone calls please. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted position(s)
An Equal Opportunity Employer