The Rockwood School District is seeking an outstanding educator for the position of Administrative Intern for Bowles Elementary School.
Bowles Elementary is a Missouri & National School of Character and is a learning community of approximately 315 students. Bowles is highly respected by the community and supports strong parent involvement, high learning expectations, integration of technology and an outstanding teaching staff. Bowles is a National Blue Ribbon School with Special Honors with Technology and Missouri Gold Star School that is rich in tradition and is characterized by a strong partnership of parents and teachers serving students with respect and individuality.
· Possess or presently be enrolled in a Master’s degree in Educational Administration Program.
· Three or more successful years of teaching experience.
· Verbal and written communication skills to perform job-related duties.
· Calm demeanor for dealing with the needs of students.
· Ability to interact with a wide variety of persons in a challenging setting.
· Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: July 1, 2013
190 Day Contract
Screening to begin: April 28, 2013
Complete an administrative online application at Complete an administrative online application at https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood School District
111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
- District encompasses 150 square miles
- Almost 22,000 students enrolled
- 19 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
- Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
- Over 1,400 Support Staff
- AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
- AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
- Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
- Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
- National School District of Character
- Accreditation: Distinction in Performance with High Achievement from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
- National award-winning staff development program
- Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, disability, handicapping conditions, or any other factor that is not a proper legal basis for an employment decision.
Posted on April 12, 2013