Assistant Vice-President of Asia Pacific Client Segment Experience
Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-May-17
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Scottrade, Inc. has an AVP, Asia Pacific Client Segment Experience position available in St. Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to apply deep knowledge of the Asia-Pacific (AP) client segment, the Asia-Pacific marketplace, and industry expertise to lead the firm-wide effort to create segment-specific business and marketing plans, addressing product, promotion, technology and support strategies that maximize the firm's value to the client and the client's value to the firm - resulting in unique, competitively differentiating experiences that improve acquisition, engagement and retention and winning market share within the key strategic segment.
- Work directly with the VP, AP International as well as the retail Segment Leaders, and their respective staff, to identify, prioritize and define strategies for financial products, services and support models designed to win market share within the strategic client segment. Measure success through fully shared accountability and metrics with lines of business.
- Work directly with leaders in Digital Product Development, User Experience, and IT to identify, prioritize and define strategies for technology platforms, online delivery touchpoints, features and tools designed to win market share within the strategic client segment.
- Work directly with leaders in Marketing to identify, prioritize and define positioning, pricing, and promotion strategies to win market share within the strategic client segment and to ensure the development of effective messaging and content.
- Provide thought leadership and deep subject matter expertise regarding the Asia-Pacific client segment. Function as the champion and principal voice of the AP client throughout all areas of the firm. Synthesize insights from Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, analytics and market intelligence to frame the firm-wide understanding of the client segment.
- Identify, prioritize and define education strategies to win market share within the strategic client segment.
- Produce, communicate and manage comprehensive, segment-centric business plans, including action plans as well as revenue and expense forecasts.
- Lead and facilitate diverse, cross-functional teams to create solutions for key client experience issues identified through VOC research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills and abilities. Strong in general management knowledge and skills such as departmental goal setting and planning, budgeting and personnel administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers or management.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and approach situations with a fresh and well thought out perspective.
- Deep understanding of the domestic and international Asia-Paciifc client segment and marketplace.
- Mandarin language fluency (ability to read/write/speak).
- Deep financial services (brokerage/banking) industry knowledge and understanding of the competitive marketplace.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding judgment and business acumen.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time (approximately up to 2 days per month).
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s preferred.
- 6+ years Marketing leadership or management experience required.
- 3+ years experience in financial services required. Prior experience in a licensed role preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
To apply visit: https://employment.scottrade.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-50381&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any