Vice-President of Procurement
Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-May-17
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Scottrade, Inc. has a Vice President of Procurement position available in St. Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to oversee the procurement for all Scottrade operations. Functional responsibilities include sourcing strategies; spend analytics, category management, purchasing, and vendor and contract management functions.
- Work within a matrix environment to deliver outstanding procurement and vendor management solutions to the lines of business.
- Develop policies, procedures and structure for excellent purchasing results.
- Develop sourcing strategies and action plans to support Scottrade’s strategic objectives.
- Drive cost savings and value-add in all spend categories.
- Establish, monitor, and deliver results against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensure that risks related to procurement and vendor management are monitored and managed.
- Lead complex, multi-stakeholder sourcing projects and high-impact negotiations; handle concurrent end-to-end Request For Proposal (RFP) processes in a prompt, professional manner.
- Use a consultative approach to ensure high utilization by internal stakeholders and lines of business.
- Drive spend aggregation, vendor consolidation, and strategic sourcing disciplines.
- Implement spending analytics to support sourcing strategies.
- Lead internal process redesign initiatives to support lower vendor costs.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process to ensure that purchasing benefits are memorialized in reduced spending targets where appropriate.
- Assist in developing and implementing an appropriate governance structure for procurement and vendor management.
- Hire, develop and create training plans for all managers and associates. Provide coaching, conduct performance reviews and monitor compensation for departmental associates.
- Act as an escalation point and provide recommendations for team members in resolving personnel and project related issues.
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert in general management knowledge and skills such as departmental goal setting and planning, budgeting and personnel administration.
- Strong organizational, people management and leadership skills.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems required, PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of contracts, contract negotiation strategies, and contract administration.
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization.
- Effectively judge talent and position/reposition people to be most effective.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple spend categories.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years of sourcing and procurement experience regarding goods and services required.
- 7+ years of management/leadership experience required.
- Prior technology purchasing and third party sourcing experience preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
To apply visit: https://employment.scottrade.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view50741&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFor mCode=any