Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Color MatcherPosted by: Chemline, Inc.
Posted date: 2013-Jun-17
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Chemline, Inc., located in north Saint Louis, is a privately held company which formulates and manufacturers Fast Set Polyurethane and Polyurea Coatings and Linings for Steel, Concrete, Wood and Foam. We have quadrupled the size of the company over the past 5 years to over $30MM in Sales and have a need to increase our technical staff accordingly.
We currently have an opening for a Color Matcher. This position will support manufacturing and R&D via performing evaluations of liquid batches to determine what pigments or pigment dispersions need to be added to achieve the desired color. Experience and knowledge with different types of pigments and/or color matching equipment is desired.
· Collect samples of raw materials, production batches and color check samples for QC testing
· Perform color matches to industry and customer standards and make necessary adjustments and corrections to meet specifications (both visual and via color computer)
· Prepare R&D formulations and adjust color to match standard provided
· Prepare R&D formulations and run physical properties required
· Prepare lab and customer samples as requested
· Document and record all product development and color matching work
· Maintain lab inventory of all pigments and pigment dispersions
· Utilize and maintain color matching software as needed
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work and complete tasks with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of pigments, pigment dispersion and color matching
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
· Excellent computer and math skills