Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-Jun-19
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Scottrade, Inc. has a Managing Editor position available in St. Louis, MO. The purpose of the Managing Editor is to manage the editorial functions and day-to-day operations of the firm’s content marketing discipline for all audience segments and lines of business.
- Lead a Content Development Team responsible for producing all content for all marketing channels for all segments. This includes planned campaign-related content and timely content for marketing websites, post-login sites, email, newsletters, social media, online community, blogs, display and print advertising, webinars, videos, scripts and marketing collateral. Provide constructive and helpful edits and final approval on all marketing and editorial content, achieving a high standard of excellence for content quality and effectiveness.
- Lead the development of all content workflows and oversee a single point of contact for routing content through the approval process, including Compliance. Build and maintain a content development process that allows for quick and adaptive content planning, development, approvals and publishing. Build and adhere to a strict editorial calendar, ensuring that all channels have the necessary content on deadline.
- Proactively consult and collaborate with the segment leader(s), channel managers, Digital Marketing Strategist, Social Communications Manager, Sr. VoC Specialist, AVP Reputation and Public Relations, and subject matter experts to identify needs and opportunities and provide content solutions.
- Have a clear understanding of all marketing channels (with an emphasis on digital) and how to produce effective content for those channels. Partner with Digital Marketing Strategist and marketing analysts to review data and KPIs, draw conclusions about successes and needed improvements, and implement changes accordingly.
- Provide leadership, management and supervision of a team to execute on content marketing strategies. Provide guidance, coaching and development opportunities appropriate for each team member’s needs and cross-train content producers to have the capabilities to effectively produce content for any marketing channel. Perform all necessary supervisory functions, including hiring, evaluations, bonus and merit allocations and disciplinary action as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Web Marketing Team to oversee the publishing of content using a content management system (CMS).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of the development of effective positioning and messaging and experience leading content development strategies.
- Strong interest in the news affecting the financial services industry and various client types and the ability to translate relevant topics into relevant content.
- Significant understanding of the evolving media, content and technology environment of today and effectively reaching segments across multiple channels.
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO), thorough knowledge of AP Style and experience creating content for a variety of marketing channels with a heavy emphasis on digital.
- Excellent and sophisticated writing, editing, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks and meet deadlines while producing consistently error-free work.
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy, tact and professionalism and work collaboratively across teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, Public Relations or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years professional writing experience, including experience in an editor role.
- 4+ years experience writing as part of a newsroom, creative agency or marketing department.
- 3+ years experience using AP style and/or a corporate style guide.
- 3+ years experience writing content for digital channels.
- 3+ years directly managing a team.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Trading, investing or other financial services experience strongly preferred.
- Experience using a CMS to publish and optimize content preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.