Public Relations Analyst
Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-Jun-19
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Scottrade, Inc. has a Public Relations Analyst position available in St. Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to assist in building and promoting the firm’s reputation among traders by executing on proactive and reactive public relations strategies. Scottrade is looking for an experienced Public Relations professional who has preferably worked in the financial services sector, such as banking/credit organizations, and/or investment firms.
- Develop and execute media relations strategies for Scottrade, Inc., as it relates to the trader segment and other client types or lines of business as necessary. This includes strategy development, identifying trend story opportunities, message development, pitching stories to reporters (national, local and trade), responding to media requests, media training spokespeople and serving as media spokesperson where appropriate. .
- Build out and elevate dedicated trader and digital product development spokespeople by working with them to identify story ideas, byline opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with other PR team members and trader segment team members to share in collective efforts that support the brokerage to develop PR plans, and then implement PR tactics to complement activities, such as product launches and awareness campaigns.
- Assist in the development of public relations strategy, thought leadership development and reputation management for Scottrade Financial Services, Inc. This includes monitoring and identifying risks to the brokerage, serving as the voice of the trader and recommending communication strategies as needed.
- Oversee Scottrade’s trader segment awards and broker survey strategy, including researching, interviewing, writing and editing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively to individuals at all levels of the company, as well as reporters and others outside of the company.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks and meet deadlines while producing consistently error-free work.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Comfortable dealing with matters that require confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the markets, trading or short-term investing strategies or ability and willingness to quickly learn the trader segment.
- Knowledge of news release writing and distribution processes.
- Proven media relations success (pitching reporters to secure news coverage).
- PR measurement capabilities, familiarity with media monitoring software.
- Knowledge of public relations best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO general practices and AP writing style.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or related field is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of public relations experience required.
- Financial services experience required; personal or professional brokerage or trading experience preferred.
- Journalism experience preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.