Senior Public Relations Specialist
Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-Jun-19
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Scottrade, Inc. has a Senior Public Relations Specialist position available in St. Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to assist in promoting Scottrade Financial Services, Inc. through media relations activities, including but not limited to developing and executing pitch ideas, writing news releases and blogs, and building relationships with reporters and influencers, all while coordinating with Scottrade stakeholders and the PR Manager.
- Coordinate with marketing team and other departments regularly to develop PR plans, and then implement PR tactics to complement activities, such as product launches, education resources and awareness campaigns.
- Oversee local media outreach activities to earn coverage for Scottrade’s branch offices.
- Consistently develop new ideas and pitch stories to secure positive media coverage.
- Schedule, develop messaging for, prepare spokespeople and participate in media interviews.
- Assist to identify, write and edit award applications.
- Update and create media content for the Scottrade About Us website.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven success in news release writing and distribution processes and pitching story ideas.
- PR measurement capabilities, familiatriy with media monitoring software.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong work ethic and show initiative, a self-starter.
- Knowledge of AP writing style.
- Journalism experience preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, International Studies, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant media outreach experience; background in media relations, public relations Journalism experience a plus.
- Financial Services and/or brokerage industry experience strongly preferred.
- International experience preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.