Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Project CoordinatorPosted by: Regional Business Council
Posted date: 2013-Jun-20
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Project Coordinator, Member Services and Initiative Support for Higher Education
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Manager of Initiatives
Work closely with the Executive Director on member services and meeting administration to implement the mission of The Regional Business Council. Supports specific initiative area (Higher Education) under the Manager of Initiatives.
1. Maintain a comprehensive record of RBC members and member companies.
2. Coordinate annual member dues appeal; prepare solicitation letter and invoice for members’ dues and other contributions. Maintain accurate record of receipts and weekly balance report of membership dues.
3. Coordinate annual Member Roster, including soliciting and updating appropriate member information, working with graphic designer to ensure consistent lay-out, and coordinating with printer for timely completion and delivery.
4. Work as needed with assistants of RBC members and the RBC Executive Director to implement the RBC’s programs and events.
5. Provide additional member support as necessary including organizing relevant meetings, providing timely and consistent follow-up to member requests, acting as a resource to RBC committees, and supporting Executive Director in necessary administrative tasks.
1. Responsible for coordinating meetings (Nominating Committee Meetings, etc.) and special events (New Member Forums, Annual Member Reception, etc.) which serve the needs of the RBC’s membership and its initiatives.
2. Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting notices, agendas, minutes, arrangements, reservations, correspondence and mailings for membership meetings and events.
3. Monitor attendance for relevant meetings and events. Maintain timely report of RSVPs for each meeting and event, send reminders and follow-up regarding attendance as required, and track actual attendance for membership meetings and events.
Higher Education (reporting to the Manager of Initiatives)
1. Responsible for creating a timeline of meetings and events for the Mentor Network to be approved and monitored by the Manager of Initiatives.
2. Track and log student participation in the Mentor Program and ensure school/student participation.
3. Provide reports to the RBC Manager of Initiatives of program activities for mentor meetings
4. Coordinate and organize invitations, logistics, attendance and speakers for the fall and spring receptions.
5. Prepare communications on behalf of the RBC for the membership to encourage participation as program mentors, meeting speakers and meeting hosts.
6. Work with universities to identify student participants for the Mentor Network and match students with an appropriate RBC mentor.
7. Prepare for Higher Education Committee meetings, including the preparation of and distribution of meeting notices, agenda topics and guest speakers.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
2-3 years experience required. Proven experience in special events, program development, and administrative tasks, preferably in a civic or nonprofit organization.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with senior executives and the public. Must possess strong organizational skills and relevant computer skills. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Position requires a strong special events, customer service orientation and the ability to keep volunteers organized and on track, as well as a good understanding of the interests of the business community.
Send a resume and cover letter to Katie Kaufmann, Manager of Initiatives at the Regional Business Council to YPNstlrbc.org. Electronic submissions only please, no phone calls.