Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Fall InternshipPosted by: The Mission Continues
Posted date: 2013-Jul-15
Location: St. Louis City, MO
ABOUT THE MISSION CONTINUES:
The Mission Continues is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization works to ensure that US military veterans have successful transitions back to civilian life after completing their military service. Through the organization’s leadership and service Fellowship Program, post-9/11 veterans complete six-month service and leadership fellowships at local nonprofit organizations. Our Fellows have worked to address issues ranging from mentoring at-risk youth to wildlife conservation and from disaster preparedness to homelessness.
Since our founding, The Mission Continues has awarded more than 600 fellowships in 43 states and the District of Columbia and has worked with more than 350 nonprofit organizations across the country. Through our program, veterans not only improve their communities, but they also help to change perceptions by acting as living examples of the leadership value veterans bring to the community. We believe that veterans are among our country’s greatest assets and through service, both in the military and at home, they have the power to inspire our nation.
The Mission Continues has been named to the 50 Best NonProfits to Work in the country by The NonProfit Times for 2011 & 2012. As the organization grows, The Mission Continues is looking to add team members who can help the organization achieve the scale necessary to reshape the way the nation welcomes home veterans. The organization is fully dedicated to the personal and professional development of every member of our team.
ABOUT THE MISSION CONTINUES FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
The Mission Continues Fall Internship Program is a competitive program seeking interns from mid-September to mid-December at its national headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri or New York City office. Fall interns are expected to commit part-time (20 or more hours per week) for the duration of the internship, though our staff will be flexible around other commitments and needs. In addition to their daily responsibilities, fall interns will work as a team to complete a grassroots marketing project, gaining valuable project leadership and teamwork skills. Accepted fall interns will receive a $500 stipend for their work. We are committed to the professional development of each intern, and we often offer letters of recommendation for interns who successfully complete their term. Our office is a fast-paced, fun environment, and successful interns bring passion and energy to the team while performing truly meaningful work.
· Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to meet deadlines.
· Professional demeanor, with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
· Embodiment of The Mission Continues values: Work Hard, Trust, Learn & Grow, Respect, Have Fun.
Below are the list of internship opportunities and responsibilities available:
COMMUNICATION INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of VP of Communications, the interns will assist in day-to-day marketing and communications activities, as well as taking on special projects as assigned. This opportunity is for the St. Louis or New York City office. Specific tasks are given below.
· Develop content for website, social media sites and other publications.
· Aid in working with photographers to secure quality photos from service projects and fellowships.
· Maintain responsibility for cataloging incoming photographs and choosing photos for publication.
· Edit biographies and impact statements from Mission Continues Fellows.
· Provide event support at service projects and on-site events with Fellows.
· Manage branding supplies and inventory, including print materials, signage and apparel.
ALUMNI INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Alumni Associate the intern will assist with the daily routines and task to support the Alumni program as well as complete additional projects as assigned. This opportunity is for the New York City office. Specific tasks are given below.
· Maintain constant communication with current Mission Continues Alumni after the completion of their Fellowship
· Follow-up with external opportunities provided to Alumni by informing Alumni of opportunities and following up with referral sources
· Research information for the Alumni. Write, review, and publish monthly Alumni newsletters
· Prepare Alumni packets for each Fellow completing the Fellowship program
· Complete benchmarking analysis for Alumni programs within other non-profit organizations
· Complete weekly report for Alumni program
· Support Fellowship Program Team and staff as needed
· Passionate about supporting veterans long-term professional goals
FELLOWSHIP INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Fellowship Team Leaders, these interns will assist in day-to-day Fellowship Program activities, as well as taking on special projects as assigned. This opportunity is for the St. Louis office. Specific tasks are given below.
· Prescreen prospective Mission Continues Fellows within an assigned geographic region.
· Provide prospective Fellows with access to online fellowship application. Assist prospective Fellows with the completion of the fellowship application, ensuring that all information is complete and accurate. Work with the prospective Fellow and prospective Fellowship Host Organization to complete additional application paperwork.
· Maintain quality contact with current Mission Continues Fellows during their fellowships allowing them to be successful at their Fellowship Host Site, remain on track to execute their exit strategy goals, and ensure requirements of Fellowship are completed.
· Maintain and process relationships with members of our network. The intern will ensure that all contacts (prospective Fellows, partners, supporters, and volunteers) are entered into the Salesforce database.
· Collect qualitative data (impact statements, photographs, video and stories) that demonstrates the impact of our Fellowship Program on the lives of our Fellows, their families, and the communities they serve.
· Support Fellowship Program Associate, Fellowship Recruitment Associate and staff as needed.
DEVELOPMENT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Development Director and/or the Development Manager, the intern will assist in day-to-day fundraising activities, as well as taking on special projects as assigned. This opportunity will be available in the St. Louis office. Specific tasks are given below.
· Plan and organize special fundraising events
· Assist with donation processing, including distributing donor thank yous and tracking donations.
· Assist volunteers with grassroots fundraisers.
· Assist in writing grant and funding proposals.
· Research potential funding sources, including corporations and foundations.
· Assist in ensuring that The Mission Continues is in compliance with all state and federal fundraising laws.
· Assist in stewarding donors.
OPERATIONS INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Associate, Operations Associate and the Vice President of Finance and Operations, the intern will assist in day-to-day processing of job applications, accounting processes, as well as assist with organizing office and team related events. This opportunity is for the St. Louis office. Specific tasks are given below.
· Reaching out to job applicants with follow-up and interview requests.
· Assist with processing, organizing and recording resumes in compliance with local and federal regulations.
· Assist with posting job descriptions on various job boards for new job openings within The Mission Continues.
· Assist with planning, executing and completing in office celebrations including Monthly Birthday Celebrations, Holiday Celebrations, New Hire On-boarding and Exiting Team Members send-offs.
· Assist with the processing of payments in accounting system
· Assist with filing of accounting documents
· Order supplies for team
· Other duties as required to support the Operations Associate
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 16, 2013. Submit your resume, a one-page letter of interest, three professional references, and the Internship Application to A’eesha Bell by email at humanresourcesmissioncontinues.org. The Internship Application can be found at http://missioncontinues.org/jobs-internships.