Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
MEMBERSHIP MARKETING INTERN (UNPAID)Posted by: Saint Louis Science Center
Posted date: 2013-Jul-16
Location: St. Louis City, MO
MEMBERSHIP INTERNSHIP (UNPAID)
Interns will be acting as the face of the Saint Louis Science Center by fostering new and existing visitor and Member relationships, participating in event marketing and interacting with Members on-site at Membership desk and occasionally on the telephone. Assist team with Membership processing and fulfillment operations and learn about other department-related functions. Interns may distribute promotional materials within the St. Louis metropolitan area and generating excitement at promotional events. Promotional materials pertain to traveling exhibitions, OMNIMAX® films and other venues at the Science Center.
· Assist Membership staff with on-site sales efforts, processing and fulfillment operations
· Interact with Members via in person, by telephone, email and postal service
· Provide copywriting and editing for Member publications and marketing materials.
· Assist with possible special projects and research
· Represent the Science Center and Membership by participating in event marketing on and off site
· Maintain detailed status reports
· Perform compliance checks
· Other duties as assigned
· Approximately 12-24 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks
· Scheduling is flexible, but reliability and dependability of interns is obligatory (2-3 weekdays, mornings or afternoons, some weekend events)
Preferably Junior or Senior who is interested in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Sales Management or related field.
Cordial, customer service oriented. Individual(s) must be organized and possess a willingness to jump in and help when needed. Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism and attention to detail required. Must demonstrate enthusiasm and sensitivity to customer needs. Familiar with the metropolitan St. Louis area is helpful but not mandatory.