Posted by: Golf Galaxy
Posted date: 2013-Aug-01
Location: St. Louis City, MO
As a Golf Galaxy Apparel Specialist you will oversee and execute all visual merchandising programs and initiatives.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Responsible for merchandise presentation and signage standards for both the Softlines and Hardlines areas of the store, with special emphasis being placed on the Softlines areas.
- Coordinates floor moves, merchandising, plan-o-gram sets, display maintenance and resets, pricing, inventory, and store recovery
- Processing and replenishing merchandise on the sales floor by participating in receiving, tagging, and monitoring sales floor stock.
- Drives and sustains sales intensity, operations integrity and profitability within store by setting high expectations and holding staff accountable, and monitoring and measuring progress to achieve positive results
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect by using diplomacy and tact; ensures that customers are greeted and acknowledged; offers customers assistance as needed or requested
- Maintains thorough knowledge of products and service, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertising
- Provides leadership, direction and advice to staff to promote efficient delivery of sales, services and operational programs. Supervises daily workflow for all staff in designated areas by planning and assigning daily goals, tasks and assignments
- Creates a climate within the store in which staff are motivated to do their best, strong morale and spiriting in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging within the team
- Oversees implementation of merchandising and advertising guidelines