Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Corps MemberPosted by: AmeriCorps NCCC
Posted date: 2013-Aug-13
Are you interested in traveling the country and earning money for school while helping communities in need? If so, AmeriCorps NCCC may be for you.
1) Go to http://my.americorps.gov
2) Click on “Apply to Serve” under the log-in box on the My AmeriCorps front page
3) Complete and submit your profile
4) Check your e-mail for a message from recruitmentamericorps.gov
5) Click on the link in that e-mail to create your username and password and access your My AmeriCorps account
· You will use this account throughout your AmeriCorps service, so keep track of your username and password
6) Click on “Applications” in the column on the left
7) Click the “Create Application” button
8) Complete your application
· Please note that some open-response questions have a word limit. If you exceed that limit, you will need to edit your response.
· Corps Member applicants should include at least two references on the last page of the application.
· If you have previously been a NCCC Corps Member, your references should include your Team Leader and your Unit Leader.
· After creating reference profiles, click the boxes in the “Select” column before clicking the “Finish Application” button
9) Congratulations! You’ve now completed your application. The next step is to submit it to the program.
· You may submit your application for the Fall-start cycle between October 1 and April 1
· You may submit your application for the Winter-start cycle between April 1 and October 1
10) Click on “Search Listings” in the column on the left.
11) In the “Quick Search” box use the “Program Type” drop down:
· Select “AmeriCorps NCCC” if you want to be a Corps Member
· You do not need to provide a state or program name
· Click “Search”
12) In the search results, click on the program name for your preferred start cycle.
· The Fall start cycle typically begins in October for Corps Members, not necessarily September 1.
· The Winter start cycle typically begins in early February for Corps Members, not January 1.
· All selected applicants will receive a Welcome Packet with their campus’ specific calendar several months before beginning the program.
13) Review the program description and click “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page. Then:
· Verify the application that will be used – it is listed below “submit listing” at the top of the certification screen.
· Read the certification and select one of the radio buttons
· Click “Submit”
· You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been submitted.
· In 2-3 weeks you will receive a packet in the mail with next steps and additional information.