Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Team LeaderPosted by: AmeriCorps NCCC
Posted date: 2013-Aug-13
AmeriCorps NCCC seeks team leaders to provide experience and leadership to corps members in both our NCCC and FEMA Corps programs as they work to strengthen communities. Team leaders coordinate the activities of 8-12 corps members per team. We are looking for dedicated team leaders who are capable and willing to engage our teams of diverse young people in service benefiting communities across America—team leaders who can promote a culture of learning and “getting things done” through teamwork. It is crucial for our team leaders, who act as role models, mentors, and coaches, to recognize that diversity extends beyond ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, age, and gender, but also includes values, perception, ideology, and experience. Corps members can come from highly advantaged or highly disadvantaged circumstances. By acknowledging the significance and value in our differences, team leaders will encourage a team dynamic that is truly invested in learning from each other and engaged in the communities they serve. Team leaders build a cohesive team from diverse individuals through promoting a culture of safety, respect, flexibility, and openness. A team that appreciates the value that each individual corps member contributes will not only work well together to accomplish project needs, but inspire the communities they serve to work together to do the same.
Other duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Safety & Logistics
• Ensure the safety of the corps members, including proper use of equipment.
• Conduct or coordinate training such as skills building workshops, safe work practices, team-building exercises, mini-courses, and physical training in collaboration with NCCC staff.
• Model a good work ethic and work alongside corps members to set the work pace.
• Plan daily and weekly team schedules that will result in the execution of project objectives and activities.
• Facilitate, encourage, support, and model service learning integration.
• Coordinate project logistics with unit leaders and project sponsors, participate in staff and corps member meetings, and serve as programmatic and administrative liaison between corps members and staff.
• Supervise, motivate, direct, and coordinate a team of young adults in a structured program of service, education, and training; maintain order; develop team morale; foster teamwork; monitor standards of behavior.
• Manage team dynamics; assist corps members in dealing with stress; manage corps members with different levels of maturity; handle behavioral issues that may result in disciplinary action.
• Develop corps members as leaders through service projects and team positions.
• Conduct regularly scheduled team meetings designed to unify corps members by building consensus, resolving conflicts, and providing structured feedback.
How to Apply
Follow the steps outlined below to complete and submit your application. To begin in September, apply between September 1 and March 1. To begin in January, apply between March 1 and September 1.
· You will use this account throughout your AmeriCorps service, so keep track of your username and password
6) Click on "Applications" in the column on the left
· Please note that some open-response questions have a word limit. If you exceed that limit, you will need to edit your response.
· Include at least two references on the last page of the application.
· If you have previously been a NCCC Corps Member, your references should include your Team Leader and your Unit Leader.
· After creating reference profiles, click the boxes in the "Select" column before clicking the "Finish Application" button
9) Congratulations! You’ve now completed your application. The next step is to submit it to the program.
· You may submit your application for the Fall-start cycle between September 1 and March 1
· You may submit your application for the Winter-start cycle between March 1 and September 1
10) Click on "Search Listings" in the column on the left.
· Select "AmeriCorps NCCC Team Leader"
· You do not need to provide a state or program name
· Click "Search"
12) In the search results, click on the program name for your preferred start cycle.
· The Fall-start cycle typically begins in September for Team Leaders
· The Winter-start cycle typically begins in early January for Team Leaders
· All selected applicants will receive a Welcome Packet with their campus’ specific calendar several months before beginning the program.
13) Review the program description and click "Apply Now" at the bottom of the page. Then:
· Select your start cycle
· Complete the additional questions on the Team Leader Application (max 200 words each)
· Click "Next"
· Verify the application that will be used – it is listed below "submit listing" at the top of the certification screen.
· Read the certification and select one of the radio buttons
· Click "Submit"
· You will be contacted directly by each campus in your start cycle with next steps