Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (UNPAID)Posted by: Saint Louis Science Center
Posted date: 2013-Aug-22
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Preferably sophomore, junior or senior applicants who are studying Public Relations, Communications, English, Marketing or closely related study. Must be earnestly interested in learning and working in the field of Public Relations, Communications and Marketing. Must be cordial and have a strong customer-service orientation. Poised and well-groomed, professional appearance and demeanor. Self-directed, well-developed interpersonal skills, organized, willing to assume leadership role on projects, dependable, possess excellent telephone skills, proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, pay close attention to detail and have advanced writing skills.
When possible, interns will use a Science Center vehicle to distribute promotional materials and to attend off-site events; however, they may be required to use their own personal transportation from time to time. We ask that interns maintain a schedule of their visits and keep a mileage log. Mileage will be reimbursed. Interns must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record. Driving records will be checked and verified.
Must participate regularly and dependably approximately 12-18 hours weekly for one to two semesters (approximately 14-28 weeks). Scheduling: weekdays with some weekend events. Flexible mornings, afternoons, full days negotiable. May require assorted early morning or evening hours. Requires absolute reliability and dependability.
Internship is available for fall with option to continue into spring semester. Intern will assist the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications, Marketing Coordinator, Public Relations Coordinator and other members of the Marketing-Communications team with marketing and communications efforts such as:
· Initiate outreach for group sales and following up with additional communication with direction from the Marketing Coordinator
· Assist with Public Relations opportunities – may require accompanying guests to television and radio media appearances, assisting at onsite media and promotional events, staffing onsite film and exhibition previews, etc.
· Manage and track SLSC promotional collateral distribution to offsite locations, includes tracking the redemption of promotional collateral redeemed
· Manage and update media (print, digital, TV, radio, etc.) rates, demographics, circulation and opportunities for current and future planning
· Manage and update the current list for sales and content contacts at local papers, journals, TV stations, etc.
· Research and write SLSC media advisories and news releases as instructed
· Assist with possible special events and special projects
· Maintain SLSC presence in local calendar listings (print and online)
· Make pitch calls to local media outlets about SLSC events and other news
· Create, edit, distribute and maintain on-site and off-site marketing and promotional needs as instructed
·Represent the SLSC by participating in event marketing on and off site
· Other public relations and marketing projects as needed