Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
LIHEAP VolunteerPosted by: Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis, Inc.
Posted date: 2013-Aug-28
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Urban League-LIHEAP has several volunteer opportunites available with the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and are willing to work around your schedule.
LIHEAP is a multi-million dollar block grant program that assists low income families with their energy bills. During FY2013 LIHEAP helped over 21,000 families in St. Louis City and Wellston in keeping or restoring their gas and/or electric services. I have included additional FY2013 statistics below.
* Percent of Assisted Member 17 and Under = 41%
* Percent of Disabled Households = 46%
* Percent of Households with Household Income Under 75% of Povery Level = 70%
(Average Monthly Income = $757.34)
* Total Energy Assistance Pledges Made = $6,881,290.00
1) Mass Intake Event (1st Week of October and November)
2) Intake: Accept LIHEAP Applications and Review Intake Checklist/Virtual Appointment Process with LIHEAP Clients
3) Scanning: Scan Client Applications and Supporting Documents Into Document Management System
4) Call Center: Answer Client LIHEAP Questions and/or Address Energy Assistance Concerns
5) Mail/Faxes: Organize LIHEAP Applications Received Through the Mail or By Fax