Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Promotion ManagerPosted by: KMOV
Posted date: 2013-Aug-30
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
This position reports directly to the Director of Creative Services. Supervises and/or executes all pre- and post-production of promotion across all platforms: television, Internet, mobile and social media. Supervision and responsibility for writing, editing and producing special promotion assignments, image and special events/promotion, and entertainment spots as needed. Writes and produces News series promos in/out of sweep periods.
A minimum of 5 years in broadcast and or web/digital promotion is required. Experience with Neilsen Local People Meters is beneficial. You must be familiar with Computers (PC & MAC) as well as, Microsoft Outlook, I-News, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Photo Shop software. After Effects a plus. Wide Orbit software a plus.
You must have a critical eye, outstanding writing and editing skills with the ability to lead a creative team toward developing innovative promotion and marketing solutions. Ability and willingness to be flexible to change direction and/or realign priorities as needed. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as required completing projects including occasional holidays or weekends. Ability to use research data (especially psychographics information) to direct messages to target audiences.
Essential Functions –
1. This is a supervisory position and entails working with other members of the news, sales, Internet, mobile, social media and local programming departments.
2. Strong copy writing skills, experience creating compelling visuals and sound editorial sensibility.
3. Supervise and/or produce writing daily topical messages.
4. Create audience flow from lead-in programs into newscasts.
5. Experienced editor for post-production.
6. Hands-on experience with non-linear editing and producing other forms of promotion or advertising are definite pluses.
7. Ability to multi-task and handle many short and long-term projects simultaneously.
8. Ability to communicate and work effectively with several departments within the station.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and link to reel to:Judie Mangan
One S. Memorial Drive
St. Louis, MO 63102