Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Summer Communications InternshipPosted by: American Junior Golf Association
Posted date: 2013-Sep-06
The AJGA is looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as communications interns. The communications intern is an entry-level position and you must be 21 to apply. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
"• Excellent communication, public speaking and public relations skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in sports information, media relations or newspaper writing is ideal
• Outstanding writing and editing skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work and communicate in a team atmosphere
• Experience in photography, video and social media
• Published media clips preferred
• Highly motivated
• Golf knowledge is preferred, but not mandatory
• Willingness to take an active leadership role amongst diverse teammates
• Mindset to be flexible and fulfill Operations Intern tasks when required (see Tournament Operations description)
"• Application – can be found at www.ajga.org/careers under Apply Now
• Cover letter
• Three-year state issued driving record
• One written letter of recommendation and three references
• Communications Candidates ONLY: Communication interns must be well-rounded professionals who are passionate about telling the stories of the AJGA through writing and digital communication. Please demonstrate your aptitude by submitting at least two press releases plus at least 3 samples of your best work from the list below. The ideal candidate would submit one sample from each of the categories below. **All items submitted must be hard copies – please do not send links.
o Reporting (post-game sports story, season preview/review, or something comparable)
o Photography - give us 1-2 favorite shots
o Video production
o Web or print design
o Sample work from a social media campaign (could utilize one or multiple platforms) and the results
o Sample work from a public relations campaign
o Posters, fliers, postcards, signage, logos or any other creative venture which shows versatility
All materials must be submitted together either by email (lshellyajga.org), fax (678-425-1653) or mail (Attn: Lauren Shelly, 1980 Sports Club Drive, Braselton, GA 35017) by the appropriate due date.
Spring Priority Deadline: October 29, 2013
Spring Final Deadline: November 20, 2013
Summer Priority Deadline: Dec. 10, 2013
Summer Final Deadline: January 15, 2014"