Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Polar Plunge InternshipPosted by: Special Olympics
Posted date: 2013-Sep-19
Location: Missouri-Non St. Louis Metro Area
Polar Plunge InternshipBrief Description: This internship position will work directly with the
Development Coordinator of Special Olympics Missouri – St. Louis Metro Area
and will have the opportunity to assist in planning and carrying out the 2014
Polar Plunge at Lake St. Louis and Creve Coeur Lake. The Polar Plunge is a
unique opportunity for individuals, businesses and organizations to support
local Special Olympics athletes by jumping, running or crawling into the
sparkling, frigid waters of Missouri.
Details: Internship length and hours are flexible, depending on the student’s
needs. The internship can be structured to meet course credit requirements, if
applicable. The internship will be based out of the St. Louis Metro Office in
• Utilize existing marketing tools to recruit students, schools and
• Provide recruitment efforts online utilizing social media;
• Post event on community calendars;
• Responsible for a goal of increasing school aged participants (10%
increase from last year)
• Prepare and distribute various media releases;
• Create and track Facebook ads to recruit participants;
• Research opportunities for expanded marketing results & implement
one new idea that generates desired results;
• Coordinate event logistics as needed to support the Plunge;
• Provide onsite event assistance at the Polar Plunges on February 1 and
• Attend at least two Polar Plunge Committee Meetings;
• Provide assistance as needed.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is creative and
outgoing, flexible and innovative. Experience and education in journalism,
public relations or communications is preferred.
***To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to diehlsomo.org by October 1, 2013.****