Financial Analyst (Financial Reporting Analyst)-13005898
Click here to apply directly: http://bit.ly/GZvkJz
Contact Staci Wood (purina.nestle.com">staci.woodpurina.nestle.com) for questions
Few companies can offer the unique mix of leading brands, professional opportunities, and appealing lifestyle of Nestle Purina PetCare Company (NPPC), a division of Nestle S.A., the world’s largest food company. Purina was recognized in 2011 as Glassdoors.com #1 company for work-life balance and currently the St. Louis Business Journal’s Best Place to Work in St. Louis for the large company category. Nestle has over $89.6 billion in annual sales and has been selected by Fortune magazine as the Most Admired Global Food Company nine out of the last ten years. Nestle Purina represents over 12% of Nestlé’s volume with global sales in excess of $12.5 billion.
At Nestle Purina, we believe that an investment in people is an investment in our shared future. Working here, you’ll discover that training, learning, and growth are central to how we do things, not just isolated programs. Our team members love what they do. We’re a dedicated and determined bunch whose passion for pets is matched only by our passion for business. That’s why we’re a leader in the pet care industry.
This Financial Analyst position will be dedicated to Financial Reporting work. Specifically, this position will have numerous deadlines throughout the year and will be supporting key areas of reporting on Nestlé Purina PetCare financial statements for both Consolidated Nestlé SA results and internal management. Additionally, this position reconciles, controls and analyzes key Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts and verifies compliance with both International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS). Lastly, this position will partner with the business to validate compliance with the appropriate accounting standards.
Position will be responsible for:
- Support key areas of reporting on Nestlé Purina PetCare financial statements that are included in the Consolidated Nestlé SA external financial statements to shareholders.
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly Nestlé Internal Balance Sheet (NIBS) reporting to parent company via Magnitude Company software, including balancing and analyzing various accounts.
- Report on Nestlé Purina PetCare management reports to Nestlé SA.
- Prepare supporting documentation required for both quarter-end and year-end reporting.
- Reconcile, control and analyze Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Analyze and research specific International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) topics and ensure compliance.
- Support tax filing, government surveys and other reporting requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate accounting-oriented projects, schedules, controls and related analysis for compliance with IFRS and NAS.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support change and assist in designing controls to verify business processes comply with standards.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s in Accounting required. CPA preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of Financial Statement reporting experience on the Balance Sheet and Income Statement for quarterly / year-end results, or
- 1+ years of public accounting experience in Financial Statement auditing.
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Organized, detail-oriented and adept at multitasking.
- Challenges status quo and champions improvements.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and communication skills.
Account reconciliations, Accuracy, Advise, Analyze, Assurance, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, Completeness, Compliance, Control, Controller, Corporate Accounting, Examine, Expense Analysis, Financial Statements, income statements, balance sheet, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principals, IFRS, Industry Accounting, International Financial Reporting Standards, journal entries, month-end, year-end, quarterly, Preparation, Prepare, close, reconcile, risk, staff, report, analyst, reporting, accounting, research, standards
Finance / Accounting / Audit
US-MO-St. Louis-Saint Louis
Nestle Purina PetCare Company