1. Develop, coordinate and implement a fundraising plan for the STCC area to meet budgeted goals for current and expanded operations, working within the strategic fundraising plan for the STLR and setting specific goals for all fundraising activities in STCC.
2. Develop and implement a major gift fundraising strategy to reach budgeted goals for STCC. Create projects that lead to major gifts using moves management model. Participate in administrative planning and evaluation of fundraising programs.
3. Personally solicit and secure major gifts and pledges from prospects and donors within the STCC area by identifying prospects and donors, developing their interest, cultivating relationships and following up with stewardship. Work in collaboration with STLR Planned Giving / Major Gifts Director, Gift Advisors and the Associate Director Corporate Relations when necessary to coordinate and secure major gifts, identify prospects and cultivate donor base.
4. Work in collaboration with STLR Grant Writers, Social Services Directors and Shelter Director to assess, coordinate and secure all funding streams and sources for STCC. Assist in preparing case statements for grant requests.
5. Manage tax credit opportunities for The Salvation Army and its donors by identifying projects in STCC, securing approval for such projects, and ensuring that The Salvation Army is compliant and all paperwork has been submitted and is up to date, including application, tracking, reporting and follow-up. Stay abreast on related donor tax credit programs. Solicit donations from businesses and individuals with business income to use tax credits.
6. Develop and implement a plan for the STCC area Tree of Lights Campaign. Identify and secure a campaign chairman each year. Work in collaboration with the STLR Tree of Lights and Special Events Director to plan and implement Tree of Lights and fund raising events that are suitable to area demographics as well as meet regional fundraising goals and objectives.
7. Work with STLR Development Director and in collaboration with STLR Development Assistant to prepare annual direct mail plan for STCC service area.
8. Participate in STC Advisory Council meetings. Serve on the Advisory Council’s Finance Committee and participate in the development and monitoring of the STCC Corps fiscal budgets. Serve as liaison for the St. Charles Advisory Council’s Development Committee and Public Relations Committee. Work in collaboration with the Corps Officers to identify and recruit new members for the Advisory Council.
9. Work in collaboration with STCC Corps program directors and administrative staff to assess and determine current and future fund-raising needs. Participate in budget process for both revenue and expense budgets, prepare forecasts, and continually track and analyze performance against goals.
10. Identify donors and prospective donors within the STCC area and work to develop and cultivate relationships. Maintain current records on donors and prospects and ensure data is entered and updated in donor database. Perform donor analysis and fundraising performance reports.
11. Work with STLR Volunteer Department to ensure volunteer needs are met for the annual Christmas kettle campaign and other events. Ensure volunteers are properly recognized and volunteer records are maintained. Recruit volunteer groups, clubs and organizations to participate in STCC service area.
12. Work in collaboration with STLR Communications Director to develop and implement a communications plan for STCC.
13. Actively participate in STLR Development Department meetings.