Financial Services Internship
Posted by: Scottrade
Posted date: 2013-Oct-28
Location: Greater St. Louis Metro Area
Scottrade, Inc. has a Service Center Intern position available in Saint Louis, MO.The main purpose of this position is to assist in the development and maintenance of the Service Center department reporting of Key Performance Indicators, training and procedure manuals, and the tracking and reporting of travel coverage and expenses.
* Assist in the collection of data for analysis and distribution from current and future systems; including telecom, voice recording systems, chat, work force management and email (50%).
* Assist department specialists in creating and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on Service Center Key Performance Indicators for review and distribution to senior management. (10%)
* Utilize applications and systems including but not limited to: telecom, voice recording, chat, email, work force management applications and applications embedded in Scottrade's trading platforms (20%).
* Assist in tracking and reporting travel coverage and expenses (8%).
* Assist in researching industry standard practices (2%).
* Assist with the maintenance of training and procedures manuals. (5%)
* Perform other duties as assigned (5%).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong attention to detail.
* Mastery of the English language.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
* Willingness to take instruction from others.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Currently enrolled as a full time college student with a focus in Business or related field.
* Must have a minimum of 2 semesters left before graduation.
* Ability to consistently work a minimum of 15 - 20 hours per week for 2 semesters.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - St Louis