Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Accounts Payable InternPosted by: Young Dental Manufacturing
Posted date: 2013-Nov-01
Location: St. Louis County, MO
CLASS TITLE: Accounts Payable Intern – Paid Part-Time Position (16 hours per week)
LOCATION: Young Dental Manufacturing (Earth City, MO)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS:
The Accounts Payable Intern is responsible for daily review, input, and updating of all outstanding invoices in the accounts payable sub ledger. This individual needs to be responsible and detail oriented in order to ensure maximum accuracy of all accounts payable information. This position will also assist with various other accounting requests and needs on an ad hoc basis.
· Complies and checks source documents such as vouchers, invoices, and purchase orders for completeness and accuracy
· Reviews all invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval
· Matches invoices and determines proper account coding
· Verifies and posts details of business transactions to appropriate ledgers and journals
· Reviews accounts payable aging and determine invoices to be paid
· Generates checks in accordance with issuing guidelines
· Records manual checks and prepares wire payments
· Answers all vendor inquiries
· Processes employee expense reimbursements
· Assists in month end close by preparing various account reconciliations
· Prepares sales and medical devise tax returns and submits payment electronically
· Assists with external and internal audit requests
Training and Experience
- College/University student working towards an undergraduate accounting/finance degree or a graduate student with an accounting/finance undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 60 hours of college credit earned
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Work extremely well in a team environment
- Quickly learn new software programs
- Working knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Extremely organized
- Strong attention to detail
Manual dexterity and ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Office environment with occasional exposure to manufacturing plant environment, with some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
Flexible scheduling available between 7 am and 5 pm around classes. Prefer candidates that can commit to 2 - 8 hour days per week.