Hub Group is a $3.1 billion asset light transportation company that provides comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services throughout North America.
Hub Group's Unyson Logistics division covers a wide array of logistics services, from bid management and transportation optimization to consulting, reporting and continuous improvement. They are experts in making customers’ supply chains as efficient and effective as they can possibly be.
JOB SUMMARY:Conceptualize, design, and support the implementation of custom logistics programs for Unyson Logistics and its customers.Conduct analysis and modeling of transportation networks and document findings to support the development of logistics service value propositions and continuous improvement.The candidate is highly motivated and has a solid understanding of transportation and logistics principles, economics, and supply chain network behavior.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand transportation optimization techniques including mode selection, freight consolidation, load building, efficient routing, and pool distribution.
- Conduct detailed analysis of supply chain costs and service.Build and execute logistics and supply chain models.Analyze findings and document recommended actions.
- Desire to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external.Responsibilities include coordination between Management, technical resources, and operations resources throughout the life-cycle of a project.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and sales skills as well as management of multiple personnel and projects.Superior “hands-on” problem solving skills are essential.
- Possess high level of competency and demonstrable skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.Business Objects experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems, implementation methodologies, systems integration, communications technologies, and relational database design.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in logistics, transportation, operations management, operations research, finance or economics.
- 1-2 years work experience in third-party logistics, supply chain planning or logistics-related consulting.
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
- 3 medical plans
- dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- long term disability insurance
- life/AD&D insurance
- vision insurance
- additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- flexible spending accounts
- scholarship award
- paid sick time/short term disability programs
- vacation pay
- holiday pay
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status.ï¿½ï¿½ We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.ï¿½ If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Hub Group, Inc. Human Resources Department.