Full Time Opening Registered Dietitian
Must have a Bachelors degree in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition, or Home Economics with and emphasis in community nutrition. Must have current licensure as registered dietitian with the State of Missouri. Certified Diabetes Educator preferred. Candidate should have at least three years experience in a community nutrition setting with a hospital, health center, or related community based nutrition business. The selected individual must be able to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor multi faceted service areas. Must have the ability to perform WIC certifications and re-certifications, and provide ongoing nutrition monitoring and counseling for patients with chronic disease i.e. Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and High Blood Pressure. Experience utilizing practice management software, and the ability to appropriately code visits for medical nutrition therapy. Must be able to represent the health facility in the community. Must be registered with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry. EOE
1. Responsible for the smooth operation of the nutrition department.
2. Responsible for monitoring current departmental functions to assure adherence to operational procedures.
3. Responsible for certifying and recertifying all eligible clients for WIC.
4. Responsible for providing nutrition counseling for clients who have hypertension, chronic kidney disease, elevated cholesterol levels, Diabetes, or who are underweight or overweight.
5. Responsible for planning, and implementing, special projects (i.e. Diabetes, Cardiovascular Support Group nutrition intervention classes)
6. Responsible for representing the health center in community outreach programs coordinated with the health educator (i.e. health fairs, Attendance at the annual WIC conference)
7. Responsible for serving on health center committees related to Performance Improvement.
8. Responsible for updating skills through continuing education activities.
9. Responsible for meeting established productivity standard for required number of patient encounters and properly coding all medical nutrition therapy claims within 48 hours of the patient visit.
10. Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Interested applicants may sent their resume and a copy of their current licensure via email mhdchc.org">ccolichmhdchc.org., website www.mhdchc.org, fax 314 633-3596, may complete an application in person Monday-Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at the following address or via US Mail
Attn: Carole J. Colich MS, CFCS, DTR
Chief Human Resources Officer
Myrtle Hilliard Davis Comprehensive Health Centers, Inc.
5471 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
St. Louis, MO
We offer a competitive salary, benefits which include health, life, dental, and vision insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, Cancer, Critical Illness, Accident and supplemental life insurance and 403(b) pension plan. We offer the opportunity to receive consideration for Loan Forgiveness through the National Health Services Corp or PRIMO.