Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Carrier Procurement Analyst (Entry Level)Posted by: Hub Group
Posted date: 2013-Nov-21
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Hub Group is a $3.1 billion asset light transportation company that provides comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services throughout North America.
JOB SUMMARY: Support transportation purchasing & rating efforts of Unyson Logistics from a national perspective. Evaluate all aspects of truckload and LTL purchasing including: evaluating carrier capabilities and availability, establishing carrier service expectations, reporting on and analyzing network lane balance needs, negotiating and establishing price, contract management, and developing strong partnerships with major trading partners.
· Provide support to Unyson Operations relative to rates and pricing.
· Maintain Customer and Carrier system tariffs within TMS.
· Effectively communicate & create partnerships with OTR carrier vendors.
· Assist with Director to identify and document current network needs vs. capacity, Prepare Responses to Customer RFP’s & Administer Carrier RFP’s
· Monitor and report carrier performance
· Negotiate price and capacity with goal of creating savings to customers & overall increase in company profits.
· Assist in coordination of monthly/quarterly carrier performance reviews
· 3-5 years of applicable transportation/logistics experience
· Transportation economics / cost analysis
· Carrier performance evaluation
· Exposure to transportation route/optimization software and a variety of transportation methods.
· Ability to effectively solve problems
· Strong PC skills – Excel, Access
· Effective communication skills (written and oral)
· Focus on reducing cost while improving delivery performance
· Well organized and attention to detail
· Think and work independently in a client environment
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
To apply for this position please visit the following link: