Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
IT SpecialistPosted by: Lear Corporation
Posted date: 2013-Dec-11
Location: St. Charles County, MO
Description Lear Corporation is a leading global Tier 1 automotive supplier that serves all of the world’s major automakers with content on more than 300 vehicle nameplates worldwide. As one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive seating and electrical power management systems. Lear provides complete seating systems and components, as well as both traditional and high voltage/high power electronic products and electrical distribution systems and components. With facilities in 36 countries on six continents, Lear operates in every major auto producing region of the world. Achieving $14.1 billion in 2011 sales, Lear ranks #189 among the Fortune 500. Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, Lear's world-class products are designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of more than 110,000 employees. Lear shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol [LEA].
· Receive and handle requests for support, work to resolve requests, promptly escalates unresolved requests as appropriate, follow through to resolution completion and documents actions taken.
· Perform and document daily IT systems checks to indicate the operational status of all systems.
· Execute and monitor systems backup and restore operations.
· Install, configure, deploy, and troubleshoot servers, desktop PCs, thin clients, scanners, printers, and network devices, both hardware and software.
· Maintain inventory levels of IT support supplies and equipment.
· Give direction and lead resolution efforts in time critical system down situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· AS400 Operator functions.
· Microsoft Office Applications.
· Windows XP and Windows 7.
· Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
· Microsoft Active Directory.
· Virtualization (VMware a plus).
· Network troubleshooting.
· Hardware / software troubleshooting.
· Backup & Restore – ArcServer.
· Printer Support – HP, Ricoh, Zebra.
· Scanner Support – Motorola Symbol, wired & wireless, 1D & 2D.
· IT Compliance – Sarbanes-Oxley & ITPM.
· Problem Solving Skills - Ability to independently research, evaluate and resolve IT problems
· Excellent people skills, including good verbal (Telephone, Radio) and written (Email, Reporting) communications skills.
· Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision; reliable work habits; must be self-starting and be able to use time efficiently and effectively.
· Provide high level of customer focused quality of service support.
· Willing to work rotating shifts.
· 2 year degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
· 1-3 years work experience in IT support position preferable manufacturing