Posted by: Unyson Logistics
Posted date: 2013-Dec-11
Location: St. Louis City, MO
Hub Group is a $3.1 billion asset light transportation company that provides comprehensive intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services throughout North America.
Hub Group's Unyson Logistics division covers a wide array of logistics services, from bid management and transportation optimization to consulting, reporting and continuous improvement. They are experts in making customers’ supply chains as efficient and effective as they can possibly be.
JOB SUMMARY:Work directly with customers to identify & select best in class transportation options utilizing i2’s AS400 transportation manager & optimizer.� Coordinate inbound / outbound shipment activities to ensure 100% customer satisfaction using all modes of transportation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide exceptional customer service by developing good working relationships with the customers.
- Proactively handle customer shipment routing requests.
- Prepare load-build reports as requested by the customer.
- Maintain customer / carrier profiles & tariffs within i2 TMS & TPS.
- Resolve customer problems & complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create & develop innovative ways of streamlining the operations processes wherever possible within the guidelines of customer requirements & team goals.
- Assist & support Lead Logistics Coordinator & Logistics Manager whenever & however needed.
- Complete or assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Provide support to other Logistics Teams as needed & interact with other departments to respond to their needs.
- Knowledge of all modes of transportation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communications skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, telephone
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Customer service/interaction skills & experience.
- Organizational skills; ability to organize & prioritize workload &document / maintain a variety of records.
- PC / Computer skills
- Problem solving skills; ability to use creativity & good business judgment to make decisions.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast paced & changing environment.
- High energy
Hub Group provides the opportunity to participate in a variety of outstanding benefits. In addition to a business casual office atmosphere, the company offers the following benefit programs:
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status.�� We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.� If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Hub Group, Inc. Human Resources Department.
- 3 medical plans
- dental plan
- 401(k) plan
- long term disability insurance
- life/AD&D insurance
- vision insurance
- additional individual voluntary insurance plan
- flexible spending accounts
- scholarship award
- paid sick time/short term disability programs
- vacation pay
- holiday pay