The Rockwood School District is accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of Maintenance and Ground for the Facilities Service Center located in Wildwood, Missouri. This position assists the Director of Facilities Services in managing and completing all responsibilities of the Maintenance Department which protects and preserves the physical facilities of the District.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
· Ability to organize, delegate and monitor the completion of all maintenance tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, minor construction projects, irrigation, landscaping, athletic field maintenance, and snow removal.
· Ability to instruct supervisors in technical aspects of job and job safety. Also monitor supervisors to ensure all employees are working productively, effectively and equitably; emphasizing preventative maintenance.
· Assist Director with technical specifications for supplies, equipment or vehicles.
· Maintain records system to receive, track, prioritize and complete work orders.
· Monitors expenditures and maintain account balances of annual budget.
· Communicate effectively with all client groups-administrators, parents, staff, students and team members.
· Technical background in areas to be supervised as evidenced by application, job experience or technical school certificate.
· Prefer 60 college credits in business management or technical areas.
· Supervisory experience in a school or similar work setting with respect to maintenance work environment.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: January 24, 2014
260 Day Contract
Screening to begin: January 2, 2014
Complete an administrative online application at: https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood School District
111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
- District encompasses 150 square miles
- Almost 22,000 students enrolled
- 19 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
- Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
- Over 1,400 Support Staff
- AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
- AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
- Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
- Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
- National School District of Character
- Accreditation: Distinction in Performance with High Achievement from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Perfect score on the Annual Performance Report from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
- National award-winning staff development program
- Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, disability, handicapping conditions, or any other factor that is not a proper legal basis for an employment decision.
Posted on October 23, 2013
Reposted 12/4/13 to extend screening date