The Rockwood School District is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Support Services. This position reports to the Superintendent of Schools and provides leadership for continuous improvement of curriculum, instruction, assessment, differentiated services, gifted and talented education, and professional development. The Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Support Services will support all efforts to increase student achievement; coordinate and facilitate district’s accountability system and development of key performance management tools.
· Doctorate preferred, minimum master’s degree +30 graduate credit hours with in-depth preparation in curriculum, instruction and assessment, school leadership, district leadership, continuous improvement, professional learning communities, and professional development.
· Experience in leading the development and implementation of an assessment plan measuring achievement of all students and providing data for improvement in the instructional program.
· Demonstrated success at designing and maintaining a positive, collaborative culture.
· Demonstrated success at leading continuous improvement efforts including the establishment of data priorities to raise student achievement.
· Missouri Superintendent’s Certificate (or ability to obtain) with proven experience as a district leader and/or building leader in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
· Expertise and experience in designing staff development programs for certified and support staff.
· All other requirements set by the Board of Education or the State of Missouri.
Competitive salary and benefits
Starting Date: July 1, 2014
260 Day Contract
Screening to begin: January 8, 2014
Complete an administrative online application at https://www.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00012927 Attach the following: letter of interest stating salary expectations, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers (including current supervisor). Once your administrative online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.
Rockwood School District
111 East North Street, Eureka, MO 63025
Rockwood Fast Facts
The Rockwood School District, a suburban St. Louis County school district, is a growing, dynamic and highly-respected educational system of 21,951 students spanning 150 square miles in west and southwest St. Louis County. Accelerated learning for all students is the focus of the curriculum in this nationally-recognized district of 30 schools and 3,000+ employees.
- District encompasses 150 square miles
- Almost 22,000 students enrolled
- 19 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- Separate campuses for Gifted, Early Childhood and Alternative High School Education
- Nearly 1,500 Certified Staff
- Over 1,400 Support Staff
- AdvancED Accreditation
Innovative, Progressive Learning Environment
- AAA Rating with S & P Rating Agency
- Ten nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon Schools
- Fourteen Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence
- National School District of Character
- Accreditation with Distinction, the highest level of accreditation from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Largest school district in St. Louis County
Opportunities for Professional Growth and Advancement
- National award-winning staff development program
- Tuition reimbursement to attend area universities and colleges for evening and summer graduate programs
Visit our Web site: www.rockwood.k12.mo.us
It is the policy of the Board to accord equal considerations and impartial treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, socioeconomic status, marital status, sex, age, handicapping conditions or organizational memberships.
Posted December 13, 2013