Summer Intern, Carrier Procurement
Posted by: Hub Group
Posted date: 2014-Jan-02
Location: St. Louis City, MO
JOB SUMMARY:Assist with carrier development and support the procurement efforts for Unyson Logistics and its customers. Assist in conducting transportation bids and analysis to support deployment of carrier on boarding. The Intern is highly motivated and has a solid understanding of transportation and logistics principles, economics, and supply chain network behavior.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand transportation costing considerations including mode selection, freight consolidation, load building, efficient routing, and pool distribution.
- Assist in conducting transportation carrier bids. Analyze findings and document recommended actions. Aid in the building and execution of carrier agreements.
- Desire to work in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external.
- Assist in the coordination between Management, technical resources, and operations resources throughout the life-cycle of a project.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and sales skills as well as management of multiple personnel and projects. Superior “hands-on” problem solving skills are essential.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Intern must be within one academic year of completing Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and/or Transportation.
- Communications skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, telephone
- Ability to function in a team-based environment
- Possess high level of competency and demonstrable skills in Microsoft Access, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Internship is paid and runs from May to August, M-F, 8-5
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise the Hub Group, Inc. Human Resources Department.