1. Develops and maintains Service Level Agreement for Midland Division IT Department based on IT Standards.
2. Provide oversight and direction to the IT Technicians .
3. Research and analyze new hardware and software prior to installation on production network.
4. Analyzes complex problems associated with Ethernet, TCP/IP, and other LAN/WAN systems.
5. Plans and develops network architecture.
6. Develops automated batch programs for server maintenance.
7. Make recommendations concerning project progress based on IT Standards and SLA as needed.
8. Install new PC’s, printers, software, print sharing setups, and small networks throughout the division.
9. Travel to units to support their computer needs as needed.
10. Address and resolve problems with hardware and software.
11. Maintain computer software licensing agreements and inventory.
12. Coordinate the procurement, maintenance and inventory of fax machines, modems and other communications equipment, including properly tagging equipment for identification. Procure equipment and software as directed.
13. Maintain a complete inventory listing of computer equipment including properly tagging equipment for identification.
14. Maintain telephone system and voice mail systems.
15. Conducts training on standard software packages and voice mail system features such as access, message retrieval, greetings, etc.
16. Perform audits of computer software licensure and equipment compliance as scheduled.
17. Perform duties of Network Administrator and Lotus Notes Administrator.