Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Supply Chain Management InternshipPosted by: Grimco
Posted date: 2014-Jan-30
Location: St. Louis County, MO
Grimco was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 41 locations across the USA and an international sales division, focused on the Caribbean and Latin America. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
We are proud to be voted Vendor of the Year for the 4th year in a row by our customers in both the
FASTSIGNS and Signs by Tomorrow nationwide franchise networks! We have recently been named Vendor of the Year by our customers in the Signs Now franchise network, and are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing released annually by CollegeGrad.com
What Makes GRIMCO special?
· We’re excited for our 139th year in business! We have a stable, growing company that continues to evolve with our industry.
· We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
· We have GREAT team members coast to coast, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
· Our executives and managers are extremely accessible, and work on the front lines of our business!
What Separates the Good from the Great at GRIMCO:
Determination; competitive drive; eagerness to learn all facets of our company; constant preparation for branch sales and leadership; hunger to make an immediate impact on a solid growing company.
× Utilize various transportation provide software systems to facilitate material movement, planning, and scheduling
× Re-route freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
× Ensure accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes
× Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner
× Track shipments from pick up through delivery while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, and contractual requirements
× Answer questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed
× Overlook performance of third party material handling services
× Coordinate with operations department to manage inventory levels at multiple branch and plant locations
× Review inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts
× Accurately enter customer information and purchasing trends to CRM database
× Take action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands in specified in purchase orders
× Communicate with tem members and corporate executives regularly
× Work closely with sales representatives, financial services team, and resolutions department
· Current full-time student in good academic standing
· Senior (Last Semester) working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related study from an accredited University
· Prefer a cumulative GPA > 3.20
· Prefer students who work & participate in teams and/or organizations throughout their education
· Previous supply chain management, operations, marketing, and/or sales experience preferred
· Computer proficiency: MS Office Suite, email and internet navigation experience required
· Experience operating office equipment preferred (multi-line phone, fax, copier, printer, etc)
· Strong work ethic
· Honesty, confidence, and a positive attitude are a MUST
· Demonstrate strong sense of urgency & commitment to customers
· Confident in ability to make decisions and multitask
· Possess high expectations of what can be accomplished by self and team
· Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Work hard & smart – never satisfied with the status quo
· Strong attention to detail
· Creative – able to “think outside the box”
· Goal-oriented and competitive by nature
An internship role is ideally Full-Time Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm, however we are quite willing to adapt to a students’ schedule within our regular business hours. We invite candidates to discuss this with our Corporate Recruiting Team to identify an ideal work schedule. We are willing to create a custom schedule of 20-29 hours per week. Immediate opening to start. The HR team is willing to work with Universities to help students gain class credit for hours worked. Eligible for consideration to join our team as a full-time employee as well, upon completion of Bachelor’s Degree.