Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Cooking LeaderPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: The Cooking Leader should be a college student or graduate preferably in a dietetic/food/culinary area. Willingness to work with a variety of dietary needs; experience with cooking and baking. Prefer some experience with persons with developmental disabilities.
Responsible to: Programs Coordinator, Village Leader
1. To teach life skills and encourage campers’ independence.
2. To introduce new experiences through learning about and making new food.
3. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
1. Schedules cooking and baking activities with cabins and special interest groups at the activity planning meeting.
2. Provides instruction and supervision to staff and campers in cooking activities.
3. Responsible for the accountability of cooking equipment issued and received. Ensures that all equipment is returned in good condition and repaired if necessary. Responsible to communicate supply needs in a timely manner.
a. maintains a current equipment inventory
b. checks-in and out cooking equipment
c. oversees cleaning and organization of equipment
d. supervises proper use of all cooking equipment
4. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and cooking areas. Also, may clean and work with others assigned to clean the arts and crafts building / kitchen.
5. Motivate group participation in cooking experiences and experiments with new ideas in relation to cooking and baking.
6. Communicates regularly with staff to evaluate cooking program.
7. Attends program staff meetings and carries out duties and responsibilities listed for program staff if cooking duties are completed.
8. Responsible for communicating with dining hall staff about special dietary needs of each cabin group before cooking sessions.
9. To perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the administrative staff.