Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Camping LeaderPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: The Camping Leader should be a college student or graduate in adventure-based, outdoor, or environmental education or a related field. Prefer some experience with persons with developmental disabilities.
Responsible to: Village Leader & Programs Coordinator
1. Motivate group participation in overnight camping experiences.
2. Teach new skills and encourage self sufficiency in campout experience.
3. To provide a unique, memorable camping experience.
4. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
1. Compile a campout and picnic schedule to give health care, village leaders, program coordinator, and kitchen staff.
2. Provide instruction and supervision to staff and campers in camping activities.
3. Is responsible to visit each camp out, and support them with an evening program idea. Provide leadership and training in camping skills such as setting up tents, building a fire, cooking over a fire and so forth.
4. Responsible for camping equipment. Ensure that camping equipment is returned in good shape and repaired if necessary. Responsible to communicate supply needs in a timely manner.
a. Maintain a current equipment inventory.
b. Keep a check out system for camping equipment
c. Oversee cleaning and organization of equipment and camping shed.
5. Check at each site to ensure proper use of camping equipment and camp sites.
6. Organize and maintain equipment packs with campout supplies.
7. Assist cabin groups in getting to overnight or picnic location. Share responsibility of driving boats and hayride, if eligible to be an agency hayride driver.
8. Responsible to check the weather and discuss with village leaders and programs coordinator safety of campout each night. Assist to communicate decision to counselors and healthcare staff.
9. Attends program staff meetings and carries out duties and responsibilities listed for program staff if camping duties are completed.
10. To perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the administrative staff.