Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Health and Medication AidPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Health and Medication Aide
Job Requirements: The Health and Medication Aide- may be a graduate nurse, nursing student with clinical experience, other be of another health care major, or have experience in a health care setting. The Health and Medication Aide must complete an orientation/training session conducted by the Director of Health Care Services or Health Center Staff and successfully demonstrate all pertinent skills. First Aid/CPR certification or equivalent is required. HMA will reside in Health Center and rotate on-call status. Pleasant, positive attitude and good customer skills are required. Must be detail orientated and organized.
Responsible to: Director of Health Care Services, Health Services RN, Camp Nurse
Responsibilities: Work under the direct supervision of the Camp Nurse to:
1. Set up and administer medication
2. Assist with cabin staff training regarding treatments, cares, transfers and emergency procedures
3. Administer First Aid and treatment to minor wounds
4. Evaluate participants’ medical needs and report to the RN.
5. Monitor health care concerns of staff / campers and report to the RN as necessary.
6. Rotate overnight on-call status
7. Attend staff meetings, display effective communication and implement solutions.
8. Interact daily with assigned cabin groups at mealtimes, selected activities, and as assigned
9. Write Health Care Profiles
10. Prepare/restock/monitor Health Center supplies and cabin health supplies
11. Maintain cleanliness of the Health Center
12. Answer the phone in the health center
13. Communicate/clarify camper medical details with care giver/physician
14. Accompany participants to clinic or hospital as needed
15. Rotate respite weekends throughout the summer
16. Perform miscellaneous duties as requested by supervisor (i.e., order supplies, errands)
17. Maintain personal health throughout the camp season
18. Complete self-evaluation, seasonal evaluation and final program evaluation
19. Be a role model and appropriate example for other camp staff, volunteers and campers
May also perform duties of Counseling and Health Aide (See job descriptions)