Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Day Trip LeaderPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Day Trip Leader
Job Requirements: The Day Trip Leader should have experience and/or education in the field of developmental disabilities. One or more years in a resident camp, preferably in a camp for people with developmental disabilities. Current certification in Basic First Aid and CPR. Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, at least 3 years of driving experience and be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
Responsible to: Village Leader & Program Manager
1. To allow for off-camp experiences that enhances participant’s overall experience.
2. To introduce new activities or encourage different participant’s interests.
1. Provide a safe, enjoyable, and fun trip, while allowing as much independence as possible.
2. Complete driver training.
3. Assist in logistical and financial planning of trip.
4. Keep counselors informed of campers attending trip and trip details including departure and return time, staffing needs, and what to bring.
5. Assist campers in making choices during the trips (i.e. selecting their food; equipment when bowling and mini-golfing; seating arrangements etc.) while encouraging independence.
6. Following the trips, write a weekly summary of the group's activity. Include examples of how the vacationer responded and recommendations for future trips.
7. Communicate each individual's experience on the day trip to counseling staff. Ensure behavior reports, seizure reports and reports to caregiver are completed for any incidents occurring on trip.
8. Manage trip funds (cash/travelers checks/credit card) and documentation of all expenses. Assist with their personal money and purchases, if needed.
9. Document incidents/accidents, etc., which occur on appropriate forms. Document non-prescription medications given.
10. Responsible for knowledge of medical care issues of attendees, direct administration of medications, and relaying all information regarding medical attention given to the healthcare staff upon return.
11. Assist health care staff in setting up and dispensing medications when needed for day trip participants.
12. Work with the special interest leader in coordinating off-site activities. Work with transportation leader and leadership staff to coordinate all other vehicle usage and scheduling.
13. Communicate any scheduling or staffing concerns with village leaders and program manager.
14. To perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the administrative staff.