Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Fishing GuidePosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Job Requirements: The Fishing Guide should preferably be a college student or graduate in an education or related field and have a valid driver’s license. Background in variety of recreational activities, fishing, and outdoor education preferred. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is helpful.
Responsible to: Aquatics Coordinator, Programs Coordinator
1. To enhance interest and skills in fishing, while encouraging respect and knowledge of the natural world.
2. To encourage learning and self-sufficiency in fishing and other life skills.
3. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
Responsibilities: Catch Fish!
1. Collaborate with lifeguards and aquatics coordinator to organize, plan, and implement fishing activities.
2. Assist with special interest fishing activities.
3. Evaluates and redefines sessions, constantly upgrading activities and lessons.
4. Assist with the planning and leadership of rainy day activities.
5. Assist with maintenance and cleaning of waterfront beach and boating areas; clean, rake and haul weeds as assigned by aquatics coordinator.
6. Drive boats in a responsible manner while keeping all passengers safe.
7. Maintains and repairs all fishing equipment. Keeps fishing shed in clean and safe order.
8. Restock bait as needed.
9. Carry out duties and responsibilities listed for program staff.
10. To perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the Program Manager / Program Director.