Job Seekers!Announce your availability and submit your resume to hundreds of Employers that visit this site. Employers can contact you directly as soon as a suitable position becomes available. Post your Resume to Fontbonne University Career Opportunities!
Go back to the Job List
Featured Clubs LeaderPosted by: True Friends
Posted date: 2014-Feb-11
Featured Clubs Leader
Job Requirements: The Featured Clubs leader should be a college student or graduate with experience in planning activities. Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
Responsible to: Village Leader & Programs Coordinator
1. Build knowledge of many kinds of activities and enhance organizational skills.
2. Expose and encourage campers’ interest in new skills and hobbies.
3. Work with a wide range of campers and encourage team work and skill building throughout the week.
4. To enhance personal ability to support campers with disabilities and teach new skills.
1. Organize and lead Featured Clubs sessions. Provide direct and indirect support to campers in all activities.
2. Responsible for all equipment/materials used by the Featured Clubs program.
3. Continually relate activities done in Featured Clubs sessions with all other aspects of the camp program. Encourage campers to use skills learned in SI sessions during camp activities such as talent show, skits, and other evening programs.
4. Communicate regularly with counselors to learn of strengths and weaknesses of each group so plans can be made accordingly.
5. Experiment with a wide range of activities so new ideas may be added to the SI binder. Make use of all activity resources including books, other program staff, and internet sources.
6. Coordinate Featured Clubs sessions with other program leaders who have specialized certificates and training, i.e. Archery Leader, Lifeguards, Team Quest / Ropes course.
7. Coordinate off camp Featured Clubs sessions, such as horseback riding, with the programs coordinator, day trip leader, kitchen staff, and health care staff.
8. Responsible on Monday morning to post a weekly schedule in the weekly binder, the health care center, and the PC office.
9. Carry out duties and responsibilities listed for Program Leaders.
10. Perform any miscellaneous duties as requested by the Program Manager & Program Director.